Locum Consultant Psychiatrist in Old Age Psychiatry
NHS Medical & Dental: Locum Consultant
- Old Age Psychiatry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Locum Consultant
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Part time
- Flexible working
- Colne House
- £88,364 - £119,133 per annum, pro rata
- 05/02/2023 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
Would you like to be part of something Outstanding?
We are seeking a part time Locum Consultant Psychiatrist in MHSOP based in Colne House, Watford.
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved an OUTSTANDING CQC RATING and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
Main duties of the job
As a Locum Consultant Psychiatrist in MHSOP you will be required to undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients and record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively.
You will be required to work with local managers and professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services and share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
Working for our organisation
Here’s what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptop provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust – encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Duties include but not exclusive to;
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operates within the parameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists OR a specialist qualification from an EU country that complies with EU directive 2005/36/EU.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register in Old Age Psychiatry OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status/Approved under S12 OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment.
- Experience in working with crisis and/or inpatient assessment service.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
Clinical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent knowledge in old age psychiatry
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change
- Car driver, and ability to travel county wide (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010 which prevents you from driving) OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rahul Tomar
- Job title
- Medical Lead
- Email address