- Assistant Therapy Practitioner
- Band 4
- Fixed term contract
- Part Time 30 hours per week
- Various across Hertfordshire
- Various across Hertfordshire
- £20,150 - £23,363 per annum pro rata
- Today at 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
Band 4 Return to Practice (Occupational Therapy) Assistant Therapy Practitioner.
We are looking for qualified Occupational Therapists wishing to Return to Practice.
Whether you have taken a short or long break from practice, we can offer you:
- Paid (short term contract) opportunity working as an Assistant Therapy Practitioner, carrying out individual and group OT interventions under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist. This can be arranged on part-time or full-time hours.
- Personalised Return to Practice programme to support your learning needs in clinical practice and to support your HCPC requirements for re-registration.
- Opportunity to work in a variety of services within adult and older people mental health services (and learning disability if desired) to reacquaint yourself with ways of working and to assist you in identifying your preferred area of practice.
- Support and supervision in each area of practice from an experienced Specialist Occupational Therapist.
- Mentoring throughout your Return to Practice programme from a Lead Occupational Therapist.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development through Special Interest Groups and CPD workshops to support your Return to Practice.
- Training in preparation for a qualified position.
- Support with identifying suitable opportunities for career progression.
Work for an NHS trust that’s been rated as Good’ by the CQC. Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is a successful provider of mental health and learning disability services with ambitions to be the leading provider in the country.
We are already delivering services as far afield as Norfolk and North Essex as well as for the population of Hertfordshire. We are a Values Based organisation and our aim is to ensure that we deliver an experience that is consistently welcoming, kind, positive, respectful and professional, because these are the Values that our service users, carers and staff told us meant the most to them. We are currently embarking on a major transformation programme that will change the way that we deliver our services.
We are also delighted to be named in the top 100 list of the best places to work in the health service in 2014, which is due to the national staff survey results as well as our range of engagement activities, the diversity of our staff, support for employees with a disability or those who have suffered mental ill health themselves, and our training and development programmes.
This is a specific programme for qualified OTs wishing to return to practice and so it is essential that applicants have a BSc or Diploma in Occupational Therapy.
We also welcome enquiries from Occupational Therapists wanting to move into the field of mental health and learning disability, and from OTs wishing to join the bank bureau.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Theresa Bailey, Professional Lead Occupational Therapist, Community Services -
email@example.com - 07786802010