- Mental Health
- Band 5/6
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- 367-SPA OPEN DAY
- 99 Waverley Road
- St Albans
- £24,214 - £37,267 per annum
- 26/07/2019 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
Single Point of Access OPEN DAY, Saturday 27th July 2019 (Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Occupation Therapist)
Date: Saturday 27th July 2019
Location: 99 Waverley Road, St. Albans, Herts AL3 5TL
Time: 10am -3pm
Be part of something outstanding
In May 2019 Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust became one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to be rated outstanding by the CQC.
Single Point of Access (SPA) consists of a multidisciplinary team of qualified mental health professionals and trained referral advisors offering telephone triage for all referrals for mental health including Adult, Older People, CAMHS, Wellbeing and learning disabilities services in Hertfordshire. Referrals can be made through GPs and other health professionals or through self or carer referrals
We are seeking to appoint registered professionals (Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker, and Occupation Therapist) to join our award-winning board and play a vital role throughout the next phase of our development, further cementing our position as a leading integrated healthcare provider.
About the role
Whether you are a Registered Nurse, Social Worker or an OT, The Clinical Advisor role will require you to draw from your experience as a healthcare professional to act as an autonomous clinician/practitioner, providing a comprehensive telephone screening and triage service to service users, carers and their referrers, resulting in a safe and appropriate clinical decision.
We have opportunities at Band 5 & 6 level; the Band 6 role has the added responsibility of providing supervision and advice to the referral advisors within the Single Point of Access.
We also have a 12 month development programme in place to facilitate progression from Band 5 to 6.
If you have decided that this is the role for you please make an application today , you can also simply turn up on the day to speak to the management team and find out more about the service and why this is the perfect role for you.
Ditch the Commute and work from home
This is a unique opportunity ideally suited to people interested in working in a flexible way. The service is set up to support remote working which means that after training and meeting the competencies you can choose to work from home most days.
This will reduce the time and costs associated with travelling back and forth from work whilst allowing you to work in a way that suits your lifestyle.
Here’s a flavour of what else we have to offer
We want to attract the best and brightest people to work at HPFT and that means looking after you from the moment you apply for a role at the Trust and throughout your career with us. Our staff are our most valuable asset and we believe that investing in you is crucial if we want to enable you to reach your full potential.
Here is some of what we have to offer
- A ‘one-stop’ induction programme for all new staff – introducing you to the Trust, our values and our service.
- Development from Band 5-6 in 12 months.
- A wide range of Continued Professional Develop (CPD) opportunities, working with partners including University of Hertfordshire, University of Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin University and University of Essex – to deliver training and development programmes and support
- Generous annual leave: starting at 27 days and increasing after 5 and 10 years
- Maternity/paternity and shared parental leave schemes
- Range of flexible working options across the Trust including compressed hours, term time contracts, part-time working etc.
- One of the best pension schemes in the UK
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust – encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of their work
- A equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counseling services 24/7
- Reduced gym rates at a number of local health clubs/gym
- PAM life: our online personal health management resource which allows staff to set goals, track progress and develop specific tailored programmes
In addition to the generous pension and annual leave that comes with NHS employment, the trust offers additional benefits to our staff including a salary sacrifice scheme enabling staff to drive a brand new car or purchase a new bike as well as an HMRC scheme enabling savings on registered childcare costs
Want to learn more?
If you would like to learn more about these roles or the service, please contact Joanne Osborn, SPA Team leader: email@example.com
Or Manesh Ahluwalia, SPA Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications or just turn up on the day to speak to the team to find out why this is the perfect role for you.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).