Locum Consultant in CAMHS ADHD (St Albans)
NHS Medical & Dental: Locum Consultant
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Locum Consultant
- Fixed term: 15 months
- Part time
- Job share
- Flexible working
- 367-HPFT-MEDICAL-376 C
- West Hertfordshire CAMHS (St Albans clinic)
- St Albans
- £88,364 - £119,133 pro rata, per annum
- 14/02/2023 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
*BRAND NEW POST*
Would you like to be part of something Outstanding?
We are seeking a Part Time Locum Consultant Psychiatrist in CAMHS, specialising in ADHD.
This post is a 15 month fixed term contract with the potential of becoming permanent.
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved an OUTSTANDING CQC RATING and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
Over the years the quality of our services and the achievements of our staff have been recognised nationally including the "MENTAL HEALTH TRUST OF THE YEAR AWARD 2020" at the Health Service Journal Awards.
Main duties of the job
HPFT are excited to offer these newly-created posts of ADHD consultant. This is a growing sub specialty which provides excellent opportunity for service development and quality improvement and high job satisfaction.
The posts are open to applicants from the following specialties: Consultant child and adolescent psychiatrists, consultant pediatricians, consultant learning disability psychiatrists, consultant adult psychiatrists and interested general practitioners.
Those are newly created posts to initially support with the ADHD waiting list and further lead the development and implementation of an integrated ADHD pathway in Hertfordshire.
Working for our organisation
Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Access to a state-of-the-art Simulation Training Facility including opportunities to join the Multidisciplinary Simulation Faculty
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs to seek development opportunities in service development/ management / Simulation Training /working with Community Transformation Projects
- Dedicated SPA time in Job Plan
- Generous relocation package up to £7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Details include, but not exclusive to:
- To work closely with the multidisciplinary team and other agencies in health and social care as appropriate.
- To write letters and communications to General Medical practitioners and other professionals as required.
- To provide ADHD diagnostic assessment, treatment and case management both directly and through colleague consultation, to referred children and young people aged 0 - 18 years and to their families, according to criteria agreed with local commissioners.
- There will be 7.5 PAs of DCC (Direct Clinical Care) and 2.5 PAs for SPA (Supporting Professional Activities).
- The post holder will be expected to assess 6-8 new cases per week (pro-rata) and follow-up 10-12 patients per week (pro-rata), this can also be agreed through mutual discussion between the post-holder, the Service Manager and Lead Clinician (as is the case for other Consultant colleagues in the service). These issues along with overall case-load will be subject to regular review through the annual job-plan-review process, feeding into annual appraisal.
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration
- Certificate of completion of relevant Specialist Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Paediatrics or Psychiatry of Learning Disability (or within 6 months) or General Practice
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Willingness and ability to work with others to achieve shared goals
- Previous experience of working with children
- Experience and competencies in assessing and treating children and adolescents with neurodevelopmental conditions It is expected a high-level skills in liaison with and consultancy to multiagency settings.
- Experience of working in a multi- disciplinary team.
- Previous experience of Leadership and Management roles
- Broad range of experience in managing neurodevelopmental conditions
- Previous experience of working in a child and adolescent service
- Formal training in management and administration
- Participated in research and published papers and original work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of Safeguarding in child and adolescent mental health
- Car Driver (unless you have a disability as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr S Dumitriu
- Job title
- Medical Lead
- Email address