Senior Service Line Lead
NHS Afc: Band 8c
- NHS Afc: Band 8c
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm)
- Kingsley Green
- £67,064 - £77,274 per annum, pro rata+ 5% of basic salary, min £1,136 max £1,915
- 30/01/2023 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspirational and operational leader to join our team as a Senior Service Line Lead.
The Senior Service Line Lead is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of high quality Care Pathways which effectively meet the needs of the people with learning disabilities in Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire and adults with a mental health diagnosis in rehabilitation services and placements.
As a member of the Learning Disability and Forensic (LD&F) Business Unit Leadership team, the Senior Service Line Lead will play a leadership and implementation role in supporting the delivery of HPFT’s vision, strategic goals and organisational objectives.
The post holder will manage and support two service line leads in the delivery of high quality care and strategic development of these services.
The post holder will be overall operationally responsible for five inpatient services and four community services. Additionally, the post holder will oversee the strategic and micro commissioning of health and social care services for around 460 individuals with mental ill health in the community.
If you are a values-led, operational manager with a passion for learning disabilities and mental health, this is an exciting and rewarding role for you!
Main duties of the job
The post holder would manage and support two service line leads in the delivery of high quality care and strategic development of these services.
- The post holder will lead the delivery of services taking account of the Trusts transformation agenda and implementation of care pathways ensuring a cohesive, effective and seamless service is provided for service users.
- Ensure the effective delivery of 24-hour care services for the Strategic Business Unit, working on a whole systems approach to achieve required levels of performance.
- Support Management of relationships with system partners.
- Accountable for the financial planning, financial balance and performance management of the Strategic Business Unit.
- Enable a strong and effective team by providing strong and visible leadership and a clear strategic vision and direction for staff working within the Strategic Business Unit.
- Deliver effective communication of Strategic Business Unit strategy and service delivery to the community served including external bodies, the media and the public.
- Work together with Managing Directors, other Service Line Leaders and clinical leaders to ensure equity across HPFT in accessing services and take a lead role on priority areas across HPFT as and when required.
- Deputise as necessary for the Managing Director.
Working for our organisation
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of ‘Outstanding’ from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on…
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Responsible for the provision of the quality care within a highly complex range of health and social care services that interface across HPFT and with other healthcare providers.
- Accountable for the effective operational management of all care pathways, requiring effective liaison and co-ordination with secondary care clinicians, managers, local politicians, primary care, commissioners and other independent contractors.
- Lead the establishment of clear frameworks and processes by which the Strategic Business Unit will manage and monitor capacity on a day to day basis, ensuring effective escalation arrangements are in place to maintain safety with the ability to respond where capacity issues present a challenge.
- Lead the development and delivery of services for health promotion and prevention, working closely with other agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements e.g. CQC, HSE and implement relevant assurance systems to demonstrate compliance.
- First degree or equivalent and three years experience operating at a senior management level in a large complex organisation
- Professional qualification in a relevant area of health or social care
- Evidence of continuous professional and management development showing a combination of short courses, structured self study or formal management courses
- Specialist knowledge of a number of disciplines acquired through training and experience over a significant period
- Programme and project management qualifications
- Postgraduate management qualification at Masters level
- Breadth of knowledge across all health and social care services from primary to tertiary care
- Knowledge of National policy and standards of governance
- Knowledge of NHS and local Government strategies, policies and plans, in particular those linked with the reshaping of Mental Health and Learning Disability services.
- Experience of planning and implementing service change
- Experience of working with clinicians and multi professional teams in achieving service improvement
- Experience of working with partners and stakeholders in delivering changes to services
- Extensive experience of working at a senior level in a large, complex organisation
- Experience of managing staff and working with staff TUs/staff representatives
- Track record in delivering financial plans and budgetary management
- Evidence of achieving targets and objectives within a challenging environment
- Motivating, coaching and developing individuals to achieve their potential
- Ability to describe a clear sense of direction and purpose to motivate and enthuse staff and stakeholders
- Able to organise own workload and that of the team to meet objectives and operate effectively
- Understanding of contracts and performance procedures
- Knowledge of local statutory planning frameworks
- Current knowledge of best practice gained through personal research
- Experience of working closely with Commissioners to inform and implement policy initiatives
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Andrew Godfrey
- Job title
- Managing Director
- Email address
- Telephone number