Head of Operations - Estates & Facilities
Band 8d - banding subject to evaluation
- Estates & Facilities
- Band 8d - banding subject to evaluation
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- 1 Bowlers Green
- £79,592 - £91,787 per annum pro rata + 5% of basic salary, min £1,066 max £1,845
- 02/02/2023 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Operations – Estates & Facilities to join the Estates & Facilities Directorate providing services to two Trusts – Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust and Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. The role is responsible for managing the outsourced Estates & Facilities services across both Trusts, as well as leading on backlog maintenance investment and an in-house patient transport in a large and complex healthcare environment where innovation and service development are key to managing a compliant and effective service for the Staff, Service Users and Visitors.
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic individual who has past experience of working as part of an Estates and Facilities Senior Management Team, ideally in a healthcare environment and have evidence of previous estates and facilities management at a senior level.
Main duties of the job
You will have a working knowledge of the broad range of estates and facilities services associated with a large organisation
You will have experience of executive decision making and taking responsibility for acting on those decisions and implementing the requirements.
You will have experience of managing compliant services in accordance with mandatory and statutory requirements.
You will have good communication skills, both written and verbal, be comfortable chairing and attending meetings and leading discussions.
You will be personable to both maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external as these links are vital to estates and facilities services in a complex organisation.
Above all else, you must recognise that all the services which we deliver ultimately impact our service users, be it directly or indirectly, therefore care and attention to detail is paramount to ensure health and safety standards.
Please note the banding subject to evaluation
Working for our organisation
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of ‘Outstanding’ from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on…
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full details of the role and responsibilities please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification documents attached.
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant relevant and substantial facilities (hard and soft FM) operational management at a senior level for one or more large employer, preferably in a variety of sectors, ideally in healthcare
- Successful record of complex budgetary and contract management, monitoring and negotiation
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, listening/influencing at all levels in the organisation using written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Conduct highly complex and sensitive negotiations with NHS Trusts, statutory bodies and external commercial companies
- Ability to deal with highly complex situations requiring analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Developing proposal for a wide range of technical maintenance and facilities issues considering legislation, Health, Safety and Security and operational management issues
- Has a good understanding of the policies and procedures governing their area of work
- Ability to communicate at all levels including the ability to deliver executive and board papers
- Must have a client driven ethos to planning and delivery of services with a commitment to standards and high quality of NHS Services
- Willingness to uphold the Trusts values
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010
Qualifications and Training
- Professional knowledge acquired through a degree or equivalent, plus specialist knowledge acquired through postgraduate cours
- Management qualification or significant management experience
- Corporate membership of appropriate professional/ technical institutions
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Allan Morley
- Job title
- Associate Director of Estates & Facilities
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07702 064 663