Consultant Psychiatrist in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time - 10 sessions per week
- Forest House Adolescent Unit
- £88,364 - £119,133 per annum
- 05/02/2023 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE**
*£10K Retention Pay Premia* (Ts & Cs apply)
We are seeking to appoint a Consultant Psychiatrist in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved an OUTSTANDING CQC RATING and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home.
Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has become available for an established Consultant Psychiatrist to join our current consultant workforce in our Adolescent In-Patient Unit, Forest House Adolescent Unit within Radlett in Hertfordshire.
FHAU has 16 inpatients at any one time, of which 3 are admitted on Eating Disorder Beds. On average, over 60% of the patients in FHAU are detained. Risk level, diagnosis and ability to engage with treatment are key factors considered. In order to facilitate the de-escalation of behavioural disturbance and manage young people with complex needs in a low- stimuli, highly supported environment, the unit is in the final stages of building completion of the 2 HDU beds as part of the 16 beds complement.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
**Please note due to COVID related delays the Job Description is pending approval by the Royal College of Psychiatry. Once approved the final Job Description will be shared with shortlisted candidates**
Working for our organisation
Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Access to a state-of-the-art Simulation Training Facility including opportunities to join the Multidisciplinary Simulation Faculty
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs to seek development opportunities in service development/ management / Simulation Training /working with Community Transformation Projects
- Dedicated SPA time in Job Plan
- Generous relocation package up to £7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Some duties include (but not exclusive to):
- Offer clinical leadership and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and MDT in establishing in enhancing the collaboration with other agencies in health and social care relevant for the clinical and quality outcomes.
- As responsible clinician for 8-10 young people working with the other members of the medical team to provide psychiatric assessment, formulate a diagnosis and monitoring the risks a young person poses, alongside the MDT
- Supporting the MDT to provide assessments and appropriate treatment for all patients
- Working with the MDT in developing effective and novel treatment approaches
- Working in partnership with young people, parents and carers to develop evidence-based, effective and agreed care plans
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration
- Section 12 Approved
- Certificate of completion of relevant Specialist Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry of Learning Disability (or within 6 months)
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Section 12 Approval / Approved Clinician Status (Candidates from abroad can apply for this within 3 months of taking up post)
- Broad range of experience in psychiatric practice and in the use of psychological therapies.
- Previous experience of working in a child and adolescent service.
- Experience of working in a multi- disciplinary team.
- Experience and competencies in assessing and treating children and adolescents with complex mental health needs and their families. It is expected a high-level skills in liaison with and consultancy to multiagency settings.
- Previous experience of working in a child and adolescent service
- Previous experience of Leadership and Management roles working in a child and adolescent service.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of Safeguarding in child and adolescent mental health
- Formal training in management and administration
- Participated in research and published papers and original work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Car Driver (unless you have a disability as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Tom Olam
- Job title
- Medical Staffing
- Email address
- Telephone number
If you have problems applying, contact