- Managing Director business unit
- Executives / VSM: Leadership-Gp7
- Latton Bush, Harlow or Waverley Road, St Albans
- 26/09/2019 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
Be part of something outstanding
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust provides health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire and Norfolk. We employ over 3,000 staff who deliver these services within both community and inpatient settings.
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved an outstanding CQC rating and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are looking forward to building on this further and are seeking to appoint to a number of Senior posts to help us on this journey as we continue to with our “Good to Great” strategy.
We have 2 Managing Director posts to lead the West Strategic Business Unit and the Essex and IAPT Strategic Business Unit. As a Managing Director you will work with a Clinical Director and supported by Head of Nursing to lead the SBU. You will report directly into the Executive Director of Service Delivery and Service User Experience, supporting the development and implementation of the service strategy whilst also taking on specific projects or workstreams across the SBUs.
The West SBU has the following portfolio of services:
Acute 24/7 services, Crisis services, in-patient, mental health liaison and street triage Community Eating Disorders and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder teams Community Adult Mental Health Services Community Perinatal Team and Mother and baby Unit
The Essex and IAPT SBU has the following portfolio of services:
Essex Learning disability Partnership (in-patient and community services) IAPT services across Hertfordshire and Essex
We are looking for experienced operational leaders who have a track record of delivery of high quality services and meeting performance, governance and financial requirements. You will need to be able to demonstrate your approach to ensuring services, provide optimum care, high levels of service user and care experience and an effective use of resources.
We have a number of exciting transformation projects and your roles will be pivotal in supporting the development of services, using Continuous Quality improvement and working with colleagues and partners to ensure we provide the best possible experience for our service users.
Here’s what we have to offer
We want to attract the best and brightest people to work at HPFT and that means looking after you from the moment you apply for a role at the Trust and throughout your career with us. Our staff are our most valuable asset and we believe that investing in you is crucial if we want to enable you to reach your full potential.
Here’s a flavour of what we offer
- A ‘one-stop’ induction programme for all new staff – introducing you to the Trust, our values and our service
- A wide range of Continued Professional Develop (CPD) opportunities, working with partners including University of Hertfordshire, University of Bedfordshire, Anglia Ruskin University and University of Essex – to deliver training and development programmes and support
- Generous annual leave: starting at 27 days and increasing after 5 and 10 years
- Maternity/paternity and shared parental leave schemes
- Range of flexible working options across the Trust including compressed hours, term time contracts, part-time working etc.
- One of the best pension schemes in the UK
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust – encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of their work
- A equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
- Reduced gym rates at a number of local health clubs/gym
- PAM life: our online personal health management resource which allows staff to set goals, track progress and develop specific tailored programmes
In addition to the generous pension and annual leave that comes with NHS employment, the trust offers additional benefits to our staff including a salary sacrifice scheme enabling staff to drive a brand new car or purchase a new bike as well as an HMRC scheme enabling savings on registered childcare costs
Want to learn more?
If you have any questions or would like further information about the role, please contact Sandra Brookes, Executive Director of Service Delivery and Customer Experience Sandra.email@example.com
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).