- Band 6
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Lexden Hospital, London Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 4DB
- £30,401 - £37,267 per annum
- 25/07/2019 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
As an Intensive Support Specialist Practitioner you will work in close collaboration with other professionals in assessing service user’s needs, devising care plans and evaluating outcomes that promote service user empowerment. Working with the wider Multi-Disciplinary Team (nursing, psychiatry, psychology and arts therapy) you will provide high quality, individualised and intensive support to adults with learning disabilities who are presenting with complex behaviour and / or mental health needs in the community. In your role you will:
- Support the Team Leader and Community Service Manager in the development of the Intensive Support Nursing Service
- Have a key role in ensuring the smooth running and co-ordination of the service, and monitoring of service activity
- Play a crucial role in managing the gateway to the North Essex learning disability inpatient assessment and treatment service
- Be responsible for maintaining clinical standards under the direction of the team leader.
- Work in liaison with service users, carers, other professionals, and co-operatively with other services ensuring the delivery of a needs led service
- Be expected to deputise for the Team Leader in their absence.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have excellent values and are committed to supporting our service users to move through the care pathway as quickly as possible. You will also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
As an intensive support specialist you will be required to provide a flexible service over a 7 day week and will work with the service users in a variety of health and social care settings.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
John O'Connor, Nurse Team Leader on 01206 363255