NHS AfC: Band 6
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Fixed term: 1 year (Linked to Physical Health Clinic Pilot in Essex)
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Lexden Hospital
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum pro rata
- 23/09/2021 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
Essex Learning Disability Partnership are looking for a Dietitian with a passion for delivering the highest standard of care for individuals that have a learning disability.
The fixed term one year contract is specifically to provide a Dietetic service to the Physical Health Clinic.
The Physical Health Outcomes for Adults with Learning Disability on Psychotropic Medications are monitored through this Enhanced Physical Health clinic, which provide both comprehensive proactive health screening on key areas of preventable physical health issues as well as targeted intervention with health facilitation and social prescribing. The objective is to improve Physical Health outcomes in this population, by working in collaboration with ELDP partners, primary care and the wider health care and social system.
The successful candidate will work as an influential and integral member of a diverse multi-disciplinary specialist learning disability health team, working initially throughout north east Essex and then, staggered over a period of time, to include mid and west Essex.
You will be forward thinking and able to demonstrate clinical knowledge in the area of adult learning disabilities based on current evidence. You will autonomously undertake specialist assessments and interventions with individuals identified at the physical health clinic as having Dietetic needs.
You will receive regular clinical supervision and support from the Senior Dietitian and peers. You will be actively encouraged to participate in continuing professional development activities.
- To promote the principles of nutrition screening and monitoring to service users, family, carers and professionals
- To improve knowledge of healthy eating and the impact of nutrition on health for service users, their family, carers and professionals
- To provide high quality, comprehensive Dietetic assessment and intervention for specified service user group
- To manage a caseload using evidence based person centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions in clinic and community settings and on home visits
- To provide this service to service users within the ELDP who present at the physical health clinic as being obese, underweight, or have bowel problems requiring Dietetic intervention
- To work as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Professional Registration as a Dietitian
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Be able to communicate effectively, using a variety of methods, with service users, other members of the MDT, carers/family and other agencies involved in the service users’ care.
- An ability to maintain high standards of record keeping.
- A good understanding of legislation and national guidance relating to the care and support of people with learning disability.
- NHS and Employee Discounts
- Excellent NHS Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- 35 days Annual Leave and Public Holiday Entitlement, Increasing to 37 Days After 5 Years of Service, and 41 Days After 10 Years' Service
- Car Lease Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Various Staff Wellbeing Programmes
- Free Parking
- Varied Career Pathway Options
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- Paid DBS application
Essex Learning Disability Partnership is an innovative collaboration between Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust & Essex Partnership University Trust that provides the following services across Essex:
- Mid-West Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- North East Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- South Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- Lexden Hospital, Colchester – Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability
- Byron Court, Billericay – Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability
By working together, the two organisations each bring diverse expertise and a wealth of experience. The objective is to transform Learning Disability services in Essex by working creatively to remove barriers and duplication and deliver excellent care underpinned by the following principles:
- Community Focused
- Equality of Access
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Owen Fry
- Job title
- Senior Service Line Lead
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01206 366653