Health Care Assistant - Physical Health Team SMI
NHS AfC: Band 4
- NHS AfC: Band 4
- Permanent: Option for secondment
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Tekhnicon House
- £23,949 - £26,282 per annum pro rata
- 07/02/2023 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within in Essex to be part of a new Physical Health Team providing services to people with Severe Mental Illness. HPFT are looking for people who want to make a difference to their community, supporting patients with mental health difficulties, and working alongside GPs and other professionals.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidates will work within primary care and GP services under the clinical supervision and oversight of the Team Leader. The post holder will be undertaking physical health checks, and wellbeing assessments, within the larger context of the new transformation of mental health support in Essex.
The post holders will assist in enabling patients to access the support they need to recover from their mental health and physical health problems, promoting and maintaining recovery. They will also support the locality in ensuring the Severe Mental Illness (SMI) registers are updated.
These new opportunities within primary care will be developing and expanding over the next three years, and will be a core feature of delivering excellent care to people in the local community.
Working for our organisation
In return we offer structured supervision, access to training and development as part of your own personal development and support plan. This is your chance to be part of a friendly, dynamic and supportive team environment within an organisation, which is well known for its expertise and outstanding clinical services.
At HPFT we view our staff as our most important resource and offer:
- A thorough induction to your role and team
- A regular, high quality supervision
- Access to the senior nursing team for professional development and coaching
- A range of developmental opportunities to support you to grow in your profession and your practice
- The opportunity to apply to work flexibly so that you can balance your work with your life outside work
- High quality appraisals and personalised development plans
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
If you are interested in this role and wish to know more please contact: Katie Santos , Service Manager - IAPT and Physical Health Team.
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification or mental health cert level 3 / or equivalent or agreement to undertake training
- NVQ / MH Certificate Level 2
- Car driver (Unless you have a disability as defined by the equality act 2012 which prevents you from driving
- Recognises and reflects on barriers to effective communication, modifying communication in response.
- Keeps accurate and complete records and communication consistent with legislation, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate good verbal presentation skills
- Excellent communicator
- De-escalation in managing verbal aggression or disturbed service users.
- Three years’ experience of providing mental health or health and social care services / evidence of transferable skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the link between mental and physical health/holistic care
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Katie Santos
- Job title
- Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01376 308704