Enhanced Support Practitioner
NHS AfC: Band 6
- Enhanced Support Practitioner
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Shift work including early, late, weekends. No nights.)
- Tekhnicon House
- £32,306 - £39,027
- 24/09/2021 23:59
Values Based Screener
At Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust we are looking for people to join us who share our values and those of the NHS. Before your application can be considered please take part on our online values questionnaire, which you can find below. When you have finished you will be sent a 'completion code' by email, which will be valid for 6 months and required to submit your application form.
Essex Learning Disability Partnership are looking for a Registered Health Professional with a passion for delivering the highest standard of care for individuals that have a learning disability.
You will be working as an Enhanced Support Practitioner within The Mid-West Essex Community Learning Disability Team, based at Tekhnicon House, Braintree.
The Mid-West Essex Community Learning Disability Team provide person centred and holistic assessment and care for adults with a learning disability living in the community. The multidisciplinary team works with individuals that live independently in the community, with family/carers, and those that reside in supported living schemes or 24 hour residential placements. The service is committed to improving the health and well-being of people with a learning disability across Mid & West Essex, by working in a simple, person-centred way that empowers individuals to maximise their potential.
- Provide clinical advice and support for service users that present with behaviour that challenges and require support with their mental health.
- Work in an interdisciplinary way to assess service user’s needs, devise care plans and evaluate outcomes.
- Work directly with service users, carers, colleagues and other service providers.
- Support people to remain in the community and avoid preventable hospital admissions through rapid response, focused assessment, intervention and support
- Facilitate and support safe discharge from hospital back into the community
- Deliver training and education to other professionals/carers/family.
- Professional Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Be able to communicate effectively, using a variety of methods, with service users, other members of the MDT, carers/family and other agencies involved in the service users’ care.
- An ability to maintain high standards of record keeping.
- A good understanding of legislation and national guidance relating to the care and support of people with learning disability.
- NHS and Employee Discounts
- Excellent NHS Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Opportunities
- 35 days Annual Leave and Public Holiday Entitlement, Increasing to 37 Days After 5 Years of Service, and 41 Days After 10 Years' Service
- Car Lease Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Various Staff Wellbeing Programmes
- Free Parking
- Varied Career Pathway Options
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- Paid DBS applicationEssex Learning Disability Partnership is an innovative collaboration between Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust & Essex Partnership University Trust that provides the following services across Essex:
- Mid-West Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- North East Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- South Essex Community Learning Disability Services
- Lexden Hospital, Colchester – Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability
- Byron Court, Billericay – Assessment & Treatment Unit for Adults with a Learning Disability.
By working together, the two organisations each bring diverse expertise and a wealth of experience. The objective is to transform Learning Disability services in Essex by working creatively to remove barriers and duplication and deliver excellent care underpinned by the following principles:
- Community Focused
- Equality of Access
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Peter Radley
- Job title
- Enhanced Support Team Leader
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01376 308700
- Additional information